1. Holy horrible humidity, Batman!
2. They take the border between HK and mainland China very seriously.
3. Hm. No English from the security guards at the international school we live at?
4. Green! Hills, parks, lining the streets.
5. Laundry on every balcony. I wonder what size that pink underwear is? Looks pretty big.
6. The people seem to enjoy trying whatever English they know on us. They also seem to love finding someone nearby who can help interpret.
7. Banyan trees are amazing!
8. Food is cheap.
9. Whoah, that’s a capacious, sparkling, clean subway system! And it has English on the signs and over the intercom. Sleek and modern. Air conditioned, too.
10. It’s way cleaner than we expected.
11. The kiddos get tons of attention. And we get stared at. And photographed.
12. Bamboo scaffolding.
13. Those cursed electric (i.e. silent) bikes and scooters going every which way on the sidewalks.
14. Typhoon Hato! Yeah, a typhoon!