When I look around, with all three dogs still in the yard, both cars and the bike’s insurance bills on the table, pictures still on the walls, and clothes still in the closets, it is hard to believe we’ve made any progress. But we have. Here’s proof.
Necessary things purchased:
1. New router to take with us to set up VPN. Anyone wants our 1-year-old wireless Belkin, by the way?
2. A Kindle Wi-Fi and 3G (for a total of $69 with the case! Looks new, feels new. Yay for Unclaimed Baggage Store Shon will write about one day). I was tempted to buy two, but in all truth, one is enough. Now you can give us Amazon giftcards for holidays!
3. An iPhone for Shon – the first smartphone in the house. And yes, a phone with GPS really is a necessity in the UAE, due to their peculiar address system. Mine will have to wait until September, I think.
4. A suitcase for Shon. Once again, thanks, Unclaimed Baggage!
5. A new lens. Ok, a nicer one than truly necessary, but between my amazing win, accumulated rewards points from Regions, and the unused vacation time $$, it only cost me $40.
6. All of my clothes have gone through preliminary sorting.
7. No-foreign-transaction-fee cards are in our wallets.
8. All holiday-related decorations packed and moved to Bowman.
9. Most of the books packed and moved to Bowman.
10. 4 (!) small tables moved to Bowman. Mind you, all of these “packed and moved” things were moved in the Jaguar in one sitting. Yes, I am that good at packing!
11. I have successfully left the College and am now working from home only. Shon’s last actual working day is tomorrow, but he will have to miss it, because
12. I passed my naturalization interview on Tuesday, and will leave for Atlanta before 5am tomorrow to be sworn in as an American citizen.
I say, we’ve done pretty well, all things considered.
And here’s a bonus shortened list of things we still need to purchase/do:
1. Subscribe to VPN
2. Buy a second laptop (I have to have one here to work on, and Shon will need one there)
3. Buy a phone for me
4. Sell both cars
5. Finish moving
6. Drive to Maine for the family reunion
7. Buy a suitcase for me
8. Get a US passport.