This dinner is one of my all-time favorite things to make because a) it’s delicious; b) it takes 15 minutes from start to finish.
I give you Salmon with Spicy Mustard + Asparagus.
- Salmon fillets
- Brown or spicy mustard (about half a Tbsp per fillet)
- Brown sugar
- Fresh asparagus
- Preheat oven on broil setting, with the rack as high as possible.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Wash asparagus, break off the ends, arrange of half of the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels, place on the other half of the baking sheet, skin down. Spread mustard on top of the fillets (be generous), and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 3 minutes, remove from oven, toss the asparagus. Bake for 3 more minutes.
P.S. Bonus tip: if you add a couple of marshmallows to your brown sugar container, they will prevent it from becoming rock-hard!